Monday, June 26, 2006

GoogleTutor's Newsfeed Article

I generally add feeds to my personalized Google page but...

GoogleTutor's Favorite way to Subscribe to Newsfeeds

Many online information sources, including web sites, weblogs and news services, now broadcast their content to the web in so-called “syndicated feeds” or “news feeds” with new technologies like Really Simple Syndication (RSS) and ATOM. News aggregator software and services collect those syndicated feeds and present them to end users in a variety of ways.

So, you need a news aggregator. I’m not going to list them all and describe how to use them. I’m only going to point you to one aggregator I love, and think is SO EASY to use. If you are new to news feeds, this is your best bet. There is nothing to download–it’s an easy-to-use web interface It’s call Bloglines. And no, I’m not affiliated with them.

Here’s what to do:

1. Go to Bloglines.com.

2. Sign up for a free account.

3. Go to the My Feeds page.

4. Key “googletutor.com” into the URL field

Bloglines Add Page

There you go! Now whenever you bring up Bloglines you’ll see in the My Feeds section if there are any new articles to read.

Why go to Bloglines to check for our articles when you could just come directly to Googletutor.com instead? Because you can subscribe to many other feeds at Bloglines so when you go there you can instantly see if any of your favorite blogs have new articles. I find that I go check Bloglines several times a day.

Copyright © 2006, Google Tut

No comments: